Smoky Roasted Red Pepper & Gouda Soup
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 onions, diced
- 8 shallots, diced
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 6 jars (12 oz each) roasted red peppers, drained, rinsed and chopped
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 16 cups sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream (35%)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Burnett Dairy Smoked Gouda Cheese
- Cheesy Baguette Toasts:
- 1 baguette, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Burnett Dairy Smoked Gouda Cheese
Soup: Heat oil in large saucepan set over medium-high heat; cook onions, shallots, garlic and celery for 8 to 10 minutes or until softened. Add red peppers, paprika, salt and pepper; cook for 5 minutes.
Add chicken broth; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Purée using hand blender or in batches using a countertop blender until smooth. Let cool and refrigerate until ready for service.
Cheesy Baguette Toasts: Preheat oven to 375°F. Brush baguette slices with olive oil; sprinkle with salt. Bake, turning once, for about 10 minutes or until toasted. Top each with shredded cheese; bake for 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
For each serving, heat 1 1/2 cups (12 oz soup) with 2 tbsp cream and 2 tbsp shredded cheese until hot. To serve, top with cheesy toasts.
Tip: Top each serving with chopped fresh chives or torn fresh basil.