10-Minute Nacho Cheese Dip
"Lord have mercy on my diet, because this was some of the best dip I've ever had the pleasure of gracing my mouth with." - SaraCat
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups (8 oz) Burnett Dairy Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 cup (4 oz) Burnett Dairy Colby Cheese, shredded
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chiles, undrained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Additional milk
- Tortilla chips
Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually whisk in the cream, milk, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika. Bring to a boil; cook and whisk for 2 minutes or until thickened.
Reduce heat to low; gradually whisk in Cheddar and Colby until melted.
Remove from the heat. Stir in green chiles. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency. Serve with tortilla chips.
Recipe and photo © Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin