Below you will find the employment opportunities currently available at Burnett Dairy Cooperative.
Join a successful and award-winning cheese manufacturing company where your contributions make a difference and there is always an opportunity for growth and advancement!
In addition to competitive wages, an excellent work environment, and a company history of stability and security, Burnett Dairy Cooperative is happy to offer the following benefits:
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Employer Paid Long-Term Disability
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time after 60 days
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
Not all benefits are available for part-time employees.
Current Openings at our Grantsburg location:
Information Technology (IT) Manager
The Information Technology (IT) Manager is responsible for the overall support and management of all IT data systems across all physical locations. This role will be providing hardware and software maintenance, training and consultation, and recommendations regarding future planning and development of resources while working with IT Consultants and Project Managers to determine system requirements. This position will have direct reports and one of the primary responsibilities is to develop the IT team in order to create a positive and team-oriented work environment and help identify opportunities for team growth and development. The IT Manager will also maintain backups, business continuity, and disaster recovery procedures. In order to excel in this position, we are looking for candidates that have the following job requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred; 3-5 years of IT support experience required
- Management/Supervisory experience required
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills as well as legible handwriting
- Ability to convey technical information to non-technical audiences
- Ability to function in an active and demanding work environment
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook). MOS Certification Preferred
- Excellent organization, prioritization skills and strong time management skills
- Provides excellent customer service to internal and external customers
- Strong problem-solving skills and proficient ability in troubleshooting applications is required
- Ability to perform multiple, technical, tasks with need to regularly upgrade skills to meet dynamic job conditions
- Regular and dependable attendance is required along with the availability to work days, evenings, weekends, and holidays (as scheduled) as well as being on call for emergencies
- Travel between locations is required
Production and Packaging Positions Available
Starting Wages, up to $21.85 per hour! No experience needed, we will train!
Makeroom Operator (PM Shift)
The Makeroom is a very important piece of Burnett Dairy Cooperative, so we're looking for reliable and hardworking people that have a passion to succeed and exceed, and the desire to learn and grow within our company. The Makeroom is where the 'magic' of cheesemaking occurs, and as Makeroom Operator you will be responsible for monitoring the cheese making process, taking temps of cooker, Ph and acid levels of cheese, operating machinery, and sanitation. Must be able to lift up to 65lbs, be self-motivated, and work well with little direction. The Makeroom Operator PM works 7p-7a on a rotational schedule of 7 days on, 7 days off (which includes every other weekend off). Get 7 days off in a row! A $1,000 New Hire Sign-on Bonus is also available for these positions!
We are currently accepting applications for a Cheesemaker with the skills and ambition to make the highest quality cheeses. This is a 1st shift, full-time position that works 7am – 7pm on a rotational schedule of 2 days on, 2 days off, 3 days on 2 days off, working every other weekend. The responsibilities for this position consists of operating machines that pasteurize and cook the milk, monitoring the cooking temperature, and mixing the ingredients following the appropriate cheese recipes. Must be able to work as part of a team in a changing work environment. Ability to obtain and maintain a WI Cheesemaker’s License is a requirement. Steady standing, lifting, and stretching is required with the requirements to lift, push, & pull 50 pounds. Applicants must tolerate a warm work environment and work with little to no supervision while monitoring equipment for long periods of time. Having strong attention to detail and organization skills are required.
Skilled Maintenance Technician/Engineer (3rd Shift)
Burnett Dairy is looking for a Skilled Maintenance Technician/Engineer to join our maintenance team! This position performs multiple maintenance duties within the factory and grounds. Employees are required to perform maintenance and repair on machinery, as well as, welding, electrical, fabricating and mechanical duties. Preferred candidates should have prior experience with robotics and automation, at least 8 yrs of maintenance experience working in food manufacturing, and strong mechanical abilities to include electrical and fabrication experience. Applicants must be reliable and able to troubleshoot and work independently in a fast-paced working environment. The schedule for this position is Monday-Friday, 12:00a-8:00a, and 1 rotational weekend. If you are diligent and thorough in your work, are self-motivated, have a positive attitude, and possess the skills we require to be successful in this position, please apply today!
Cheese Innovation Scientist
The role of the Cheese Innovation Scientist is to assist with the execution of R&D projects in order to deliver new cheese products and concepts to expand our core business. This position also helps with scale-up trials, recipe development, and standard operating procedures for production related to new products. Primary responsibilities for this position include:
Research & Development
- Assisting with development and commercializing new products and processes including bench top development, pilot plant trials, and production plant trials to achieve business objectives.
- Preparing periodic special reports concerning the results of laboratory tests or products development trials including next steps and impact on key business initiatives.
- Designing and developing stress and shelf-life systems in support of new product/package development.
- Applying experimental design and statistics to sensory research and product development.
- Working with lab personnel/suppliers/vendors to evaluate ingredients, recipes, and processes to ensure the highest quality product
- Providing technical support and problem solving on cheese production and product performance issues.
- Developing SOPs for scale-up trials and performs audits on new R&D products to ensure they are being produced according to SOPs as well as all specifications.
- Determining appropriate research methodologies to coordinate, design, plan, conduct, analyze, and interpret in-house tests and consumer research studies (quantitative research) to reduce business risk in decision-making and enhance product knowledge.
- Demonstrating proficiency in analytical, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of sensory methods and techniques (discrimination, descriptive and consumer test methods).
- Working efficiently and productively with R&D, QA, Operations, and Supply Chain
- Performing other duties as assigned.
The educational requirements for this position are a Bachelor’s Degree in Dairy Science, Food Science, or related required with 3-5 years of experience. A Master’s Degree is preferred. In order to be successful in this position, candidates should have demonstrated analytical experience, specifically for various chemical, sensory and physical properties like protein, calcium, fat, moisture, flavor, texture, shredabilty and meltability. Demonstrated expert test development knowledge and strong presentation, scientific writing, communication and listening skills are also required.
Agronomy and Co-op Opportunities
Drivers (Full-time and Part-time)
Both the Agronomy and Fuel Divisions of Burnett Dairy Cooperative are currently accepting applications for both full-time and part-time drivers. The main responsibilities of these positions is delivering /transporting products to local residential and industrial customers in an efficient, punctual, and safe manner per the planned routes. As a representative of Burnett Dairy Cooperative, you are a key point of contact for our customers and are relied upon to provide prompt, friendly, and efficient service to our customers. Therefore the right candidates for these positions should have excellent customer service skills, keen attention to detail, and a strong sense of safety. To be qualified for this role you must have a valid Class A or B CDL with the ability to obtain a hazmat endorsement (as needed). Previous driving experience preferred. These positions will start at 6/7 am and the end time depends on the route/schedule. For full-time positions, overtime will be required as needed. All applicants must be able to perform all physical requirements of job to include the willingness to work outdoors in all weather and driving conditions, and the ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
Propane Service Technician/Delivery Driver
Burnett Dairy Cooperative is currently accepting applications for a full-time Propane Service Technician/Delivery Driver. The main responsibilities of this position are to deliver, set, install, connect, test, service and maintain propane tanks for local residential and industrial customers in an efficient, punctual, and safe manner. Delivery includes both will call and scheduled customers per planned route. As a representative of Burnett Dairy Cooperative, you are a key point of contact for our customers and are relied upon to provide prompt, friendly, and efficient service to our customers. Therefore, the right candidate for this position should have excellent customer service skills, keen attention to detail, and a strong sense of safety. To be qualified for this role you must have a valid Class A or B CDL, along with air brake, tanker, and hazmat endorsements. Propane delivery experience preferred, but not required. This Propane Service Technician/Delivery Driver position is a first shift, Monday – Friday opportunity, with an on-call rotation and seasonal overtime as needed. All applicants must be able to perform all physical requirements of job to include the willingness to work outdoors in all weather and driving conditions, and the ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
Current Openings at our Cady Cheese location in Wilson, WI:
The Production Supervisor is responsible for directing the production of products to ensure product quality, crew safety, and production efficiencies are being met. Other duties and responsibilities include; production scheduling, quality control, knowledge of all machinery, coordination of staff schedules, training, coaching and department productivity. Must be mobile and able to direct a team in a changing work environment. This is a working supervisor position so working on the production floor is required. The job requirements for this position include the capability to lift/push/pull/stack up to 60 lbs., stand on feet for long periods of time, the ability to be a licensed forklift operator, and have regular and dependable attendance. This is a day shift supervisor position, with This supervisory opportunity is a day shift position with availability to be on call and work occasional weekends and holidays as scheduled. To be successful as a supervisor, we're looking for candidates with strong written and verbal communication skills and the demonstrated ability to motivate people, assess and develop employee skills and provide effective leadership for growth and development. We are looking for candidates that have at least 2 years of supervisory or managerial experience, food industry experience preferred, and excellent planning, organizational, and project management skills. This is a great position for someone that wants to expand on their supervisory skills and grow into a strong leader.
To apply at our Grantsburg location, please complete the job application by clicking on the link above. You may email your application and/or resume to email@example.com, or call Sara Trojanowski at 715.689.2010 or Becky Popp at 715.689.2005 for more information.
To apply at our Cady Location: please complete the please complete the job application by clicking on the link above. You may email your application and/or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jill Filkins at 715.689.4403 for more information.