American Original Taco Dip
Honor our Heroes with this Memorable and Festive dip for Memorial Day!
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 jar (16 ounces) chunky salsa
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 8 ounces Wood River Creamery Northwoods Cheddar, shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 3 bags (9 ounces each) blue corn tortilla chips, divided
- 2 blocks (8 ounces each) Wood River Creamery Original Cheddar Gruyere
- 1 cup quartered grape tomatoes
- 1 large sweet red bell pepper, chopped (1 cup
Beat the cream cheese, salsa, sour cream, Cheddar and green onions in a large bowl until blended. Spread cheddar mixture in the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
Measure 1 cup crushed tortilla chips; set aside the remaining chips for serving. Arrange the crushed tortilla chips in a rectangle on top of the cheddar mixture, about 5 x 4-inches.
Cut 1 block (8 ounces) of Original Cheddar Gruyere in half into two blocks, each about 1/2-inch thick. Cut slices with a 1 1/2-inch star cookie cutter, using the handle of a small spoon to press and release cheese from cutter at star points. Place stars on chips. Shred 2 cups (8 ounces) from the remaining Original Cheddar Gruyere.
Combine tomatoes and red bell pepper in a medium bowl. For stripes, arrange tomato mixture and shredded Cheddar Gruyere in alternating rows, each about 1-inch.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until serving. Serve with the reserved tortilla chips.
Recipe and photo © Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin