Sausage & Pepper Quesadilla
Add some delicious smoked flavor to your traditional quesadilla, and then dip in a yummy avocado lime cream sauce.
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 each red, yellow and green peppers, sliced
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 3/4 lb smoked sausages, sliced
- 12 large flour tortillas
- 3 cups shredded 3 Cheese Shred Blend (Mozzarella, Provolone, Cheddar)
- Avocado Lime Cream:
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted and peeled
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp finely grated lime zest
- 1/8 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
Quesadillas: Heat oil on flattop grill set to medium heat; cook onions and peppers for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden and tender. Season with salt and pepper. Cook sausages for 4 to 6 minutes or until heated through and golden brown. Set aside until ready to assemble.
Avocado Lime Cream: Mash avocados until smooth. Stir in sour cream, lime zest, lime juice, salt and pepper. Keep refrigerated until service.
Assembly: Place approximately 1/6 of onion and pepper mixture on top of one tortilla. Top with sliced sausages and 1/2 cup shredded cheese. Top with another tortilla.
Toast tortillas, in pan or on flattop grill, for about 2 minutes per side or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Serve with Avocado Lime Cream.
• Serve with tomato salsa if desired.
• Add jalapeno peppers to sweet peppers for added heat.