Warm Caprese Salad
Our twist on the tradition Caprese salad - still easy, fresh and delicious!
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 cup (4 oz) Wood River Creamery Herbes de Provence Cheddar Gruyere, shredded
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 tbsp balsamic glaze
- 4 fresh basil leaves, torn
Preheat broiler. Toss together tomatoes, oil, salt and pepper. On baking sheet, arrange 3 rows of tomato slices, overlapping tomatoes and spacing rows about 2 inches apart.
Toss bread crumbs with cheese; sprinkle evenly over tomatoes. Broil for 2 or 3 minutes or until cheese melts and bread crumbs are toasted.
On serving platter, arrange bed of arugula; add rows of warm tomatoes over top. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and garnish with basil.
Tip: You can also serve this dish over pasta.